Your to-do list should be useful as your right-hand and have your back. It should remind you the tasks so that you don’t have to. However, it will not be useful if you aren’t actively using it.
It is interesting so many people “makes list” but then don’t use it.
When we look at the reasons “why people don’t use their to-do lists, we get many different answers.
The reasons fall into two major categories:
- Lack of good time management habits
- Mismatch of to-do list format – medium
Here are some Reasons You Aren’t Using Your To-do List:
- You Don’t a list – always hear people say, “I don’t need a list.” They tell themselves that “they will remember what to do.” (but forgets it later.) Or they use the excuse that lists are too hard for them handle. Hence, a to-do list is the simplest tool you can have to keep yourself on track.
- You Have so many Lists – The opposite of not having a list, is having so many. Some people keep lists everywhere. Home, workplace, on their phone, on a desk pad, on a sticky note. However, you need one list only. So many lists results in lost tasks and forgotten lists.
- List not With You at All Times – One of the first time management lessons keep in mind is your to-do list needs to be with you always. You can’t refer and check it, or add a task, if it isn’t with you.
- List is very Complex – to-do list should be easy to use. Pen, paper excel in this area. If you are using an application, make sure it doesn’t take long steps to add a task to your list.
- It Doesn’t Suit You – Do you need to like your list? You should. If you don’t like the medium, you won’t use it. Choose tools you’ll use every day. Don’t use a day planner if you won’t carry it around.
- Out-of-Sight means Out-of-Mind – Your to-do needs to be visible all the time. After all, visibility to your tasks leads to use. Apps can be useless in this area, because you don’t see them except when you look at your devise. Notepad and pen can be in front of you at all times.
- Not become the Habit – Your to-do list needs to be part of your daily routine, And reach it easily should be a basic time management habit that you need to develop. As you get used to it, it will be easier than you think.
Are You Using Your To-do List correctly
Where is your to-do list now?
It should be at your hand and visible as much as possible. And it should be habit and part of your daily routine.
If you use your list effectively, you will find that you will be more productive in all areas of your day.